James Nestor, the author of Breath, gave an interview to the Buteyko Breathing Center.
His groundbreaking book Breath about the power of breathing and the benefits of reduced nasal breathing, specifically Buteyko Breathing, is making Dr. Buteyko‘s premises available for everyone, making people breathe and feel better!
James and the co-founder of the Buteyko Breathing Center, Sasha Yakovleva, have known each other for several years. In this book, you will find references to the interviews James conducted in the past with Sasha and the Breathing Center’s clients. James flew to Colorado to interview Sasha for his new book Breath (a chapter about Buteyko Breathing)
In this video interview, James Nestor also shared his personal struggle to understand healthy breathing. In addition, in this interview you will find:
- The chapter “Less” is about Buteyko Breathing, learn how it was created.
- The medical perspective on breathing provided by Dr. Ira Packman, the Medical Consultant of the Breathing Center
- About holotropic breathing, Wim Hof‘s technique, pranayama, and other breathing exercises
- The power of nasal breathing vs. mouth breathing
- The diaphragm, the most important muscle of our bodies
The interview was conducted by a member of our Breathe Less Community Jean Campbell.
Additional Resources for people who appreciate The new Science Of A Lost Art by James Nestor:
The New York Times article about Buteyko Breathing and the Breathing Center – mentioned in his Breath book.
David Wiebe’s testimonial. His story is described in the Breath book.
Polly’s testimonial. Her story is described in the Breath book.
Dr. Ira Packman’s videos explaining the mysteries of human breath.