- Published: Wednesday, 28 October 2009 12:15
For as long as I can remember I have been searching for an explanation and a possible treatment for my lifelong condition of asthma and chronic bronchitis. Four months ago, by pure luck, I came across an article about the Buteyko Method. The initial simple explanation "asthma can be triggered by breathing too much" immediately caught my attention like nothing else before.
The next days and weeks I read as much as I could about the method and tried to apply it on myself. I soon realized that I needed professional help and by another strike of luck I found the Buteyko Center USA and the possibility to connect with them via Skype. Sasha and Thomas has been good teachers and I am impressed by their abilities to tune in to my specific needs and issues. I am extremely glad that I decided to invest in my education with them. We work through a live web-cam which works extremely well.
The benefits so far have been many:
• I need less sleep and feel more energetic.
• I feel calmer and have less anxiety.
• The aches in joints and muscles have disappeared and I am more flexible.
• My breathing has improved, and most important, I have by several occasions been able to reverse an aggravating of my condition by doing breathing excersices. When I could only hope and pray before, I now know how to improve the situation.
I have been sick for 45 years, of course I am by no means cured. But the results so far have convinced me that this is the way to go.